The 6 Exercise Weighted Yoga Workout That Tones
Yoga is great, but after a while it’s just not much of a workout. If you’re dedicated to a consistent practice, you already know that yoga is actually an amazing way to get your entire body moving, challenging your physical and mental stamina, agility and strength.
That said, yoga isn’t exactly the rigorous, high-intensity workout that many people crave. But, we’ve got some great news for anyone who wants to take their yoga up a notch: add weights to your classic vinyasa flow, offering that extra dose of strength training that is so good for full body conditioning.
Here is a simple, yet effective, six-move yoga sequence with weights that you can try on your own. We guarantee this challenging flow will leave you feeling both blissed out and sore for days.
1 Horse calf raises:
- Begin in horse pose, with legs spread out wider than shoulder-width, toes pointing outward, and feet planted firmly on the ground.
- Grasping a weight in each hand, place your hands on your hips.
- Inhale and root down through all four corners of your feet.
- Exhale and lift your left heel off the mat, lower it, and then repeat with your right heel.
- Engage your quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes as you ascend.
- Lift your heels 10 to 15 times on each side. N5 is Very Important!