Salami & Goat Cheese Appetizers. Low Carb & Classy as Hell.
Keto Diet Appetizers: Salami & Goat Cheese Finger Foods with Assorted Toppings
|Cilantro makes them look extra classy.|
Laziness Rating: 9/10 (-1 for some light chopping
Delicious Rating: 5 stars based on 1 review
Calories: 665 (332/serving)
Net Carbs: 5g
Recipe Type: Snack, Appetizer, Hors d'oeuvrePrep Time: 5 min Yields: 2 servings
I just want to start by saying that I'm proud as hell of these little guys. I haven't made a proper blog post in a while now. But I was struck by a bit of inspiration while careening through the grocery store this weekend. Of course, who wouldn't be inspired by the sight of a salami chub? Yes, it's literally called a chub. The salami and goat cheese were right near each other in the cooler. So maybe the word "inspiration" might be pushing it. But they're goddamn delicious, nonetheless.
I really like the juxtaposition of low-class salami with high-class goat cheese. I figure they cancel each other out and make a medium-class appetizer. But let's be honest, the presentation value looks fantastic. Like 5-star Yelp review classy. Like "excuse me sir, a jacket is required at this country club" classy.
|Salami + goat cheese. It's not rocket science.|
- 1/2 Stick (4 oz) – Dry Abruzzesse Dry Salami Chub
(Cal: 440, Fat: 40g, Prot: 24g, Net Carbs: 0)
- 2 oz (half package) – Montchevre Goat Cheese (plain)
(Cal: 140, Fat: 12g, Prot: 8g, Net Carbs: 2)
- 1 oz – Avocado
(Cal: 45, Fat: 4g, Prot: 1g, Net Carbs: 1)
- Mixed Veggies for your toppings
(Cal: 40, Fat: 0g, Prot: 1g, Net Carbs: 2)
- Slice the Salami into cross-sections. I only used half the stick, but opted for thicker slices. But feel free to use the whole stick for a double serving.
- Cut the veggie toppings of your choosing. I already had some peppers and zucchini lying around, so I just used those.
- Use a small spoon to scoop the goat cheese on to each salami slice. Feel free to apply liberally. I used half the package. But feel free to double-up.
- Decorate the hell out of your salami. The goat cheese works like glue, so stick on whatever your heart desires. Obviously, the cilantro leaves make them look classy as a mo-fo.
- Snap an Instagram photo of your creation and watch the likes flow in.
- Eat the crap out of them.
- Keep calm and keto on.
Looking for some dead simple keto snacks? Check out:
4 Quick & Delicious Low-Carb Snacks for the Keto Diet
Like this recipe? Share it on social media now. Don't forget the #Keto hashtag!