Keto Salmon “Life Raft” with Turkey Bacon & Asparagus
Keto Salmon "Life Raft" with Turkey Bacon & Asparagus
|The Salmon Life Raft is a perfect balance of lazy and tasty.|
Laziness Rating: 7/10 (-2 for 3 cooked ingredients)
Delicious Rating: 5 stars based on 1 review
Net Carbs: 7g (5%)
Protein: 53g (38%)
Fat: 36g (57%)
Recipe Type: Main CourseCooking Time: 15 min Yield: 1 Keto-perfect serving
This recipe combines fresh salmon, turkey bacon, and asparagus into an extremely easy and Keto-friendly meal. It's worth noting that almost all the recipes you'll find on this blog are cooked on a simple non-stick skillet/griddle. My apartment has an old gas range (like WW2-era old), so I avoid lighting the pilot because I'm afraid of accidentally blowing up the place (Fight Club style).
Instead, I picked up a Presto skillet at Target for like $40 and it's treated me very well. I'll usually just toss all my ingredients in the skillet together and throw on the glass cover to speed up the process. This recipe is no exception.
You can grab the salmon, bacon, and asparagi (because that's obviously the plural of asparagus) and toss them all in. Notice how amazingly close the Fat/Protein/Carb macros are to the ideal 60/35/5 ratio? I'll admit, this is probably the closest I'll ever get to hitting the perfect Keto macros in a single meal. And it was completely by accident. Continue on to see the recipe for this glorious, lazy, and Keto-conscious man meal.
|Only 30 calories per slice. NomNom.|
- 1 – Salmon fillet (7+ ounces)
(Cal:333, Fat:23g, Prot:37g, Carb:0)
- 5 Slices – Turkey Bacon (I use Jennie-O brand)
(Cal:150, Fat:12.5g, Prot:10g, Carb:0g)
- 15 – Asparagus Spears (more than just the tip)
(Cal:72, Fat:0g, Prot:6g, Carb:7g)
- 1 Teaspoon – Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon – Red Pepper Flakes
Cooking Instructions, Step-by-Step
- Preheat the pan/skillet to 300 degrees (or medium heat).
- Throw bacon slices and salmon fillet into the skillet (and cover it to speed-up cooking).
- If there's room in the pan, add the asparagus too. Or cover and microwave for 2 mins.
- Once the asparagus is done, lay them neatly on the plate. Add pepper (or your fave Keto spice).
- Has the meat/fish been cooking for 5+ minutes now? Perfect. Pull off the cover and flip them over.
- Let the salmon and bacon cook for 2 more minutes (or until they're sufficiently cooked).
- Toss those babies on top of the asparagus and you've got yourself a salmon
You may not win any Top Chef competitions with this recipe. But you sure as hell will keep those Ketostix purple. Keto On.