6 Exercises To Strengthen And Create a Rounder, Plumper Butt
Looking to fill out your favorite jeans, do some damage in a bodycon dress, or simply just have a rounder backside? The following moves will leave your booty sore for days — which means they’re working — and have you on your way to a plumper butt in no time!
If your workout is not challenging, you won’t see great results. By increasing your sets, reps or the weight you are using during the bum exercises, you keep making progress. If it hurts, that means you are doing it right.
Start out easy with eight to 10 repetitions of each exercise. Gradually increase to 12. Create a circuit of all six exercises by doing them one after another in single sets for up to one minute a set. Repeat up to three times and do it two to four times a week for best results. If the exercises become easy, add weights.
1. Wide squats
Works: Your glutes and quadriceps Equipment: Start with nothing, then add a heavy book or a 5-10kg dumbbell to make this more intense.
- Stand with your feet parallel slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Hold the weight between your legs and press your shoulders back and down.
- Squat as though sitting into a chair, keeping your knees over your ankles and heels pressed into the floor.
- You’ll feel the stretch along your inner thighs.
- Hold for a moment, then squeeze your bottom and slowly straighten your legs.
Tip: Don’t lean forward: this minimizes the effectiveness of the exercise. Sit back and keep your chest open; hopefully, you won’t feel like you’re about to topple over! N6 Is Very Important!